Tuesday, August 31, 2010

God is GOOD!

Today was a really good day! I had been wanting to get up walk around with the physical therapist and they finally thought I was up to it, so I did a lap around the unit! I was so happy because I didn't think I'd make it two steps out the door. They put that oxygen mask on me and we cranked that puppy up and off I went. I cannot describe how good it felt to be walking around again, I seriously think I was smiling the whole time, people think I'm crazy I'm sure. Before I went walking one of the nurses brought me a little pedal bike you put on the floor and just use your feet, I was even able to do that for 10 minutes without stopping, which I was proud of.

After that they came and got me for PFT which is a pretty rigorous breathing test, especially when you feel like poop. They needed my scores for the evaluation. I actually did a lot better than I expected to. My baseline has been about 40% lately and today it was only 33%. Which, don't get me wrong, is pretty terrible, but considering how I've been feeling lately I thought it was going to be a 2%. When I got back to the room and rested a minute, I told mom I felt like showering (I am not going to tell you how long it was since I had a shower, it's a little embarrassing). So that felt AMAZING! You don't know how much you appreciate little things like that until you can't or don't feel like doing them.

The transplant committee also meets on Tuesdays, so the docs said they were talking about me. He was saying that we always have the option of transplanting me from the hospital, instead of discharging me and then having to come back. It's all depending on how I do though. I think things are looking up, and I am definitely getting stronger every day! I'll be in rehab in no time!!

Just wanted to write a little update today, thanks so much everyone for reading and for your nice comments, it really means a lot to me. Thank you as well for the thoughts and prayers they also mean more than you know, and they are WORKING!! GOD IS GOOD!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. God Bless you girl! Your doing great! I'm glad things are working out! Tell Mom hello from us and We love ya'll!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GOD IS GOOD! I'm glad to hear you are getting the hard stuff to get you better. It would be great to get called for tx while in the hospital. That's the way it happened for me. Anyway, I hope you feel back up to speed soon and let me know if you have any questions. My email is pbishopwaitingtobreathe@gmail.com. Where are you and your mom staying? Just wondering if you were close to where I'm staying. We have a "transplant village" where I'm staying, lol. There are at least 6 people at my apt. complex that are already tx or waiting to be tx. It's an extended family. Hope to meet you at rehab soon.

    ReplyDelete