Friday, August 20, 2010

MUSC Visit

So, Mom and I went to MUSC yesterday for our transplant visit just to touch base with the docs and make sure we are on the same page before I head up to Duke for the evaluation. Everything went well. I kind of thought they were going to try and talk me out of going to Duke, just because they don't want to lose a patient, but they really didn't at all. They are all for me going and having the evaluation done there while they are still waiting for certification down here.

They can still use all the results from the tests I get done at Duke. I'm just really glad because I know that if something happens and Duke does not want to list me, MUSC will. They are hoping to be certified by the end of this month and then to have everything cleared up with insurance companies by September! I am still excited about my trip up to Duke and I am very interested to see what they say about my situation and if they think I'm ready.

My doctor basically said, "Whoever gets lungs for you first, should be where you go". And that makes me very happy to hear that. I couldn't agree more.

1 comment:

  1. Glad your on a positive note! This look great from this point on. Hope your having a great time, God bless you!

    Trevor

    ReplyDelete